- SeekingArrangement.com yhdistää köyhät nuoret naiset ja rikkaat vanhat miehet (NYT Mag) – Seeking Arrangement is a down-and-dirty marketplace where older moneyed men and cute young women engage in brutally frank transactions. They’re not searching for longtime soul mates; they want no-strings-attached “arrangements” that trade in society’s most valued currencies: wealth, youth and beauty. In the cheesy lexicon of the site, they are “sugar daddies” and “sugar babies.”
- 8 Simple Ways to Improve Typography In Your Designs – via pni
- Do Parents Matter? (SciAm) – In 1998 Judith Rich Harris, an independent researcher and textbook author, published The Nurture Assumption: Why Children Turn Out The Way They Do. The book provocatively argued that parents matter much less, at least when it comes to determining the behavior of their children, than is typically assumed. Instead, Harris argued that a child’s peer group is far more important. The Nurture Assumption has recently been reissued in an expanded and revised form. Mind Matters editor Jonah Lehrer chats with Harris about her critics, the evolution of her ideas and why teachers can be more important than parents.
- Mitens 1800-luvun merirosmous toimikaan? (NY Times) – The pirates worked for a government. The Barbary rulers commissioned them to rob and pillage and kidnap, and the rulers got a cut. It was all official. And open. It was truly state-sponsored terrorism. And the Western nations’ response was to pay “tribute,” a fancy word for blackmail.
- Paavo Lipponen: Pääsiäisäksyilyblogi – miten olisi juomapeli, jossa napataan huikka jokaisen kaunan kohdalla? (via Kasa)
Tämä on del.icio.us/dst-linkkilokistani automaattisesti luotu kooste.
There are no revisions for this post.